Thursday, February 16, 2017

Blossoms of Fire - A Film Resource

Another of my favorite film resources is the film "Blossoms of Fire" by Maureen Gosling. I discovered this film in the National Endowment of the Humanities Institute in Oaxaca, when it was introduced to our group by Professor Stephanie Wood. 

               

As our group chuckled along with and were encompassed by the lives of the strong women of the Isthmus of Oaxaca, I realized that this would be a wonderful resource to use in my Spanish I classroom.

With this film resource, students are able to connect with and empathize with the strong women of the Isthmus, and see the vibrant and friendly communities that exist in one of Oaxaca's most storied communities.


 This resource can be used as a 2 day lesson, or as a film-based exam (Criterion A, for MYP/IB teachers). 

To access the film resource, please visit my TpT page at the following link:



The film can be purchased at the following link:



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment