Friday, February 3, 2017

Nuevo Sencillo de Natalia Lafourcade: "Tú sí sabes quererme" - Natalia Lafourcade's New Single: "You Know How to Love Me"



Natalia Lafourcade has been a favorite artist of mine for the last four years, since I first taught her gorgeous tune "Amor de Mis Amores" to my Spanish I students. In a homage album to Agustín Lara, Natalia captured the hearts of my students with her cheerful and fresh rendition of a 1930's Mexican classic. 




Throughout four years of teaching "Amor de Mis Amores" as the Spanish I introduction to "Haz Ahora" songs, now most students at my school that have taken Spanish know the tune, and students tell me that the tune helps them connect with upperclassman who have fond memories of the class and their first Spanish song. Music has such power to invoke memories, and I love that students have such fond memories of Natalia's rendition of this classic tune.


Since then, I have taught Natalia's "Adventurera" from the same Agustín Lara tribute album, as well as her tune "Ella es bonita". 


I am a big fan of her newest album, "Hasta la Raíz", but have yet to teach my students those beautiful tunes. 


So, you could imagine my excitement, when on my Instagram feed last Friday, I saw that Natalia had released a new surprise single. I immediately took a listen, and made a new "Haz Ahora" sheet for my Spanish 2 students. In a beautiful and uplifting love song, backed by "Los Macorinos", Natalia has done it again. She's created an immaculate and instant classic. 

I started teaching it this week, and my students are hooked! I hope you enjoy the tune as well.




If you're interested in teaching this song to your students, please follow the link below for the free PDF resource on TpT. 



If you're curious about how the song warm-up structure works: 

The instructions for the eight-day warm-up cycle can be found in the following post.


To see the Song Warm-Up resource, please follow this link on my TpT page.







No comments:

Post a Comment